Director/Associate Director, Pathology Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16442 Direct Hire
Our Cambridge, MA genome editing client uses CRISPR/Cas9 technologies to develop medicines for people with serious, genetically-defined diseases. The Biological Development team is seeking an innovative leader to serve as a program pathologist providing the pathology aspect of the design, conduct, and interpretation of nonclinical studies. The histopathology group works across multiple therapeutic areas including ophthalmology, oncology, neurology, and hematology to support activities ranging from early drug discovery to early development.
- Develop the platform of molecular pathology, histology, investigative pathology/toxicology, providing a comparative medical perspective to drug discovery and development.
- Direct and lead the development of IHC and IF methods to characterize the expression of transgenes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Immunohistochemistry and other tissue-based assays for research and development teams.
- Build the state-of-the-art histo/pathology platform for evaluating and characterizing the preclinical species modified by in vivo editing gene therapy or ex vivo edited cell therapy.
- Oversee junior scientist/histologists by providing training and technical guidance.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop pathology assessment scheme for potential clinical candidates, review external pathology report and to ensure proper integration into study reports.
- DVM and/or PhD in comparative pathology (ACVP board certification preferred) with 12+ years as a veterinary pathologist.
- Extensive understanding of efficacy and safety evaluation of gene or cell therapy programs.
- Collaborations with Contract Research Organizations to conduct GLP toxicology studies.
- Evidence of direct experience authoring study reports for regulatory submission.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.