Scientist I/II, Protein Engineering Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16440 Direct Hire
Our Cambridge-based client is a highly-regarded cell/gene therapy company and they are seeking an experienced Protein Engineering Scientist to join their Nuclease Research and Discovery team in Seattle, WA. You will collaborate with and help other teammates build megaTAL nucleases and develop technologies to enhance and expand their gene editing program. The main function of this role is to assess yeast surface display, high-throughput molecular biology, computation-based library design, and mammalian cell assays.
• Utilizing protein engineering techniques to improve on existing techniques and introduce new tools for improving the platform on nucleases.
• Oversee a team of associate scientists to meet scientific goals
• Collaborate with multiple teams including colleagues at the East Coast location.
• Strong presentation skills as there will be regular presentations to internal and external audiences.
• PhD in Bioengineering, Cell or Molecular Biology or related field. Post-doc experience welcome but not required.
• Technical skills including flow cytometry, yeast and bacterial molecular biology and cloning; PCR
• Experience of protein engineering approaches; yeast surface display, library design and construction, next generation sequencing.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external colleagues.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.