Pathology Lab Manager/Supervisor Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16201 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a medical device and pharmaceutical Contract Research Organization (CRO) in the suburbs of Boston. They are expanding their Pathology Department to meet customer demand and are looking to hire an experienced Pathology Supervisor or Manager to lead a tight-knit team. Come join experienced Toxicologists and Pathologists on the team as they grow and expand into other therapeutic areas.
The main function of this role is to provide operational management for pathology labs, staff, and facilities/equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Project scheduling including day to day duties and assignments, and all GLP laboratory functions.
• Generation of timelines for lab functions, tasks and deliverables, including projections for slides, reports, data submissions, and archival processes.
• Ongoing assessment and setting of project priorities.
• Oversight of equipment maintenance schedules and development of training modules and staff training records per GLPs guidelines.
• Development of operational plans for procurement of pathology equipment and development of novel techniques/methodologies.
• Coordination of intra- and interdepartmental functions:
• Integration of necropsy, histopathology, immunostaining, SEM, and imaging functions within Department of Pathology.
• Communication with Study Directors, Sponsors, Contracts team, and Business Development.
• Supervision, mentoring, and training for technicians in all areas of pathology.
• Ensuring timely and quality generation of data in compliance with GLP guidelines and applicable regulations, with generation of appropriate documentation of deviations and incidents.
• Lead pathology role in review and development of SOPs and study protocols.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a BS degree or higher in a life science discipline and 5+ years of experience in Pathology/ Histopathology laboratory management. Experience in GLP lab required with preference for those with specialty skills in development of novel histopathology laboratory methods. HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely and must be commutable to the suburbs of Boston or able to relocate without assistance to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.