Senior Manager of Publications and Scientific Communications Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16187 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA client is developing potentially transformative gene and immunotherapies. Everything they do is focused on patients, and they equally value their employees who devote themselves to providing hope to patients who have limited treatment options. These aren't just words. You see their mission reflected in everything they do.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Publications and Scientific Communications to focus on one of their core therapeutic areas. As they prepare for commercialization, the Senior Manager will play a critical role in helping the medical community understand the unmet needs and the potential role gene therapy can play. This is a unique role: at most companies, medical communications and publications are separate. Here, you’ll own both!
Highlights of the role
- Plan and develop a range of scientific and medical content, including publications, internal training, medical information, field medical resources, and external educational materials and programs
- Participate in the development of high-visibility scientific abstracts, posters, presentations and manuscripts to share ground-breaking new clinical data and real-world evidence
- Play a key role in congress planning and strategy, attend relevant scientific meetings/congresses and participate in medical intelligence gathering
- Participate in content design and development for symposia, medical FAQs, response letters, and training slide decks
- 5+ years of medical affairs experience at a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Publication planning experience required; medical communications strongly desired
- Product launch experience in rare disease preferred; oncology experience a plus
- Skilled in writing and editing highly scientific content and synthesizing and communicating data
- Able to work well across all functions on a global scale
- Highly organized and able to shift priorities rapidly
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) in biological sciences