Preclinical Veterinary Technologist – Large Animal Specialization
Boston, MA (100% On-Site)
Are you skilled in catheter placement, intubation, and anesthesia practices with large animals? Have you been dreaming of finding a great drama-free team with excellent mentors to help you grow as a professional in a research setting? Take your Veterinary Technologist skills to the next level with this fine direct-hire opportunity!
One of the top biomedical research institutions in Boston is seeking a Preclinical Veterinary Technologist who wants to join a tight-knit team tasked with advancing pharmacological, drug therapy, and surgical device technology – as well as furthering research for patients facing unmet needs. You’ll receive excellent training so that you can provide the very best support as you monitor the health of laboratory animals, performing routine evaluations and providing clinical care.
The group has a strong history of promoting from within, so start here and work your way up in the investigative research space!
Capabilities for working with the animals in these studies include:
• Pre and post-procedural care for the animals
• Social, food, and physical enrichment for the animals
• Provide assistance for the investigative staff by performing injections, blood collection, intubation, catheter placement, and anesthesia – may also occasionally help with tissue harvest as needed
• Contribute to study program coordination, procurement, inventory management, protocol writing and optimization, and making study sheets for proposed work
• AS/BS Degree or higher, ideally in Veterinary Science/Technology, Animal Science, or related field, or certification as a Veterinary Technician. Ideal hire will have 3+ years of experience and some level of AALAS certification
• Related experience in clinical/private practice or research settings, some prior experience with large animal handling is a must
• Proficient with Microsoft office
• Practice with skills such as PO, SQ, ID, IM, IP dosing, blood collection, necropsy and tissue collection, anesthesia monitoring in large animals
Contact HireMinds to learn more about this awesome team and opportunity today!
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US indefinitely to be considered, and must be commutable to the Boston area for consideration.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.