SVP, Sales, US
Hybrid, based in Boston
We are on a mission to shake up marketing and make all brands think advocacy-first.
Marketing is at a crossroads. The status quo just isn’t working anymore. Third-party data is disappearing. Consumers are overwhelmed with noise. Businesses are frustrated by their over-dependence on Google and Facebook. Something needs to change. We’re putting advocacy at the heart of marketing.
Hot on the heels of closing our $25M Series B, we are building out our first office in the US. We are the European market leader and best funded player in our space. We’ve proven the value of customer referrals, having delivered more than 4.5M referrals and $1.5B of revenue to our 450 clients so far. Now we’re applying AI and machine learning to referral data to better understand who a brands’ most valuable customers are and to improve the performance of all other marketing channels and the wider customer experience.
We’re looking for a General Manager for the US to lead our expansion into North America. We’re looking for someone with a deep understanding of the martech ecosystem and proven experience of building a team and scaling a business in the US. Reporting to the CRO, this role will sit on the global leadership team and will play a critical role as we accelerate our growth through global expansion.
To contribute, you will:
- Build a cross functional team across marketing, sales (inc. SDRs, solutions architect & more), client success, operations, marketing and product marketing. You will know how to win in a tough recruitment environment
- Play a key role in building out the early client base, personally engaging with clients to win the early deals
- Own the US ARR and cost base, establish KPIs and team budgets, and drive continuous improvement based on meaningful metrics
- Be a strong people leader who will help coach your team and guide them on their continuous development.
- Develop the structure and process required to successfully scale the US operations (with the global Rev Ops team in support)
- You will develop the multi-year strategy for the US market, in collaboration with the global leadership team
- Own the existing partner relationships in the US and develop new ones (tech and agency) to accelerate our growth
- Liaise with the global product teams to ensure that the product is evolving to solve the key pain points in the market as they evolve
- Be an evangelist at conferences and in the media
- Actively help to build relationships between the US and UK team members for support and development especially for new joiners
- Be an active ambassador for our values, culture and ways of working
- You have scaled an organisation from an early stage to scaleup as a leader
- Have extensive experience of P&L ownership and delivering against targets
- Confident and experienced in building and motivating high performing teams
- Experienced as a proven sales leader and with cross-functional leadership experience
- Experience of working in a global organisation and coordinating across countries
- A deep understanding of the martech ecosystem
- You have successfully scaled an organisation through direct sales and the partnership channel
- Experience of deep understanding of the Martech world commercial and product
- Have multiple years of experience of Partnerships worked closely with technology and agency partners
- Passionate for driving customer delight and deliver market leading NPS scores
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every employee, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be our new General Manager – USA? We can’t wait to hear from you. In the meantime, feel free to check us out on LinkedIn and Glassdoor.