Our client developed a market-disrupting product for the weight loss space. The company plans to now take it over-the counter (OTC) in 2023. Leveraging strong results from the Rx launch, both in efficacy and sales, they are hiring a strategic marketing leader who is an expert in launching OTC products via e-commerce channels.
This person could be a full-time employee or join as a full-time consultant. The company is based in Boston and their preference is to hire someone local, however they are open to someone remote who can travel to Boston, costs of which they will cover.
As a result of this strategic pivot, we are seeking a Senior Vice President (SVP), Strategy & Marketing to lead the implementation of their new OTC distribution strategy. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of product market shift either with Rx-to-OTC or an eComm product launch in the consumer space and who
- Thrives in a highly dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Delivers quick and impactful results.
- Engages and influences the leadership team, cross-functional teams, Board of Directors, and investors.
- Loves a business challenge.
- Want to be part of a turnaround team.
- Motivated by high risk/high reward.
- Wants to build a brand like no other.
- Oversee development of marketing plans that drive revenue, including professional and consumer loyalty programs, sales promotions, new account acquisition strategies, product branding, creative, co-branded marketing/DTC & OTC campaigns, social and digital media.
- Establish the U.S. Marketing team goals, tactical plans, market research / analytics plans, program effectiveness and campaign ROI to drive constant improvement and revenue attainment.
- Lead competitive strategies to protect and grow existing customer base.
- Amplify the branded DTC marketing strategy to turn flagship product into a high-profile OTC consumer brand.
- 15+ years of strategic marketing experience.
- Experience in small/start-up and entrepreneurial environments a plus.
- Understanding of over-the-counter (OTC) retail, weight management, wellness, food supplement, and/or “nutraceuticals” industry.
- Experience launching new products in an OTC or nutraceuticals environment OR taken a product to market through eCommerce.
- Energized by building, innovating and dissecting challenges.
- Comfortable in a lean environment with a “hands-on,” creative and resourceful approach to addressing business challenges.
- A highly effective communicator and influencer.
- Ability to expand user base while meeting CAC targets and driving profitable growth through performance marketing.
- Ongoing user communication to drive brand affinity and LTV.
The compensation package includes a base salary in the $275-300k range, plus bonus, equity and other generous performance metrics.