Our client is a rapidly expanding vaccine start-up (just under 100 people) in the heart of Kendall Square, Cambridge. They are seeking an experienced Sr. Scientist to work closely with the Head of Process Development and the team as they scale-up and tech transfer to external partners for commercial production.
The main function of this role is to design, manage, and execute studies relevant to process development to advance novel vaccine programs from preclinical through clinical stages.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Provide scientific/technical expertise to develop new Biochemical/ Biophysical methods to support vaccine process development.
• Analyze data from process development studies and author reports for internal and external submission, including regulatory agencies.
• Document, summarize, and present data to senior management.
• Achieve team/company goals my managing project timelines/deliverables and support and coordinate cross-functional activities.
• Mentor, provide leadership, and support members of the team.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a PhD degree in Biochemistry/Biology/Molecular Biology/Chemical Engineering or relevant degree with 5+ years of experience in therapeutics process development, scale-up/tech transfer, and assay development. Preference given to those with experience in polysaccharide chemistry, characterization, and purification. Experience in protein purification and chromatography also welcome.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Cambridge area or able to relocate with very limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.