Sr. Research Associate, Upstream Viral Vector
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
HireMinds is representing a well-funded cell therapy team's growth in the Viral Vector department. Our client is seeking your research and upstream process development skills with viral vectors and mammalian cell culture to add to their team. You will help advance the pipeline by contributing to the lab with mammalian cell culture and cell banking/bioprocessing. You will also bring skills with viral vector production and collaborate with downstream vector and analytical teams in transferring processes.
In This Role You Will:
- Work on vector and mammalian cell culturing techniques under SOPs and record technical data in ELN systems
- Work cross-functionally with peers to advance viral vector projects and successfully transfer and scale up processes in-house and externally
- Bring cell culture expertise with HEK293 expression technology using transient or stable platforms
- Technical abilities with hands-on: flow cytometry, PCR, cell-based assays/bioassay development, and ELISA techniques
- Work with suspension cell lines and culturing in bioreactors
You Will Be Required to Have:
- A BS or MS degree in Biochemistry, Cellular Biology, or Biomedical Engineering with 5+ years of industry experience in lab Biotech or Pharmaceutical company
- Hands-on expertise in mammalian cell culture preferably HEK293
- Experience with gene therapy viral vector production platforms is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to GMP standards in a process development environment is a plus.
- You will bring a track record of keeping organized data and notes and ability to produce reports to management teams
- Communication style that is collaborative and concise in working in collaborative team settings
- Work ethic and adaptability to adjust to changing demands in an evolving Biotech setting