Our Gene Therapy client here in Cambridge, MA is adding to their team! They are looking for a Sr. Research Associate to join their In Vivo Pharmacology team that is experienced in Ocular Therapies (mice). This role will primarily focus on assisting with the strategy, planning and execution of activities related to pre-clinical pharmacology. The activities include but not limited to:
- Perform molecular biology work such as DNA and RNA extraction, qPCR, ddPCR, western blot, and ELISA.
- Perform intraperitoneal and intraocular injections in mice, monitor animal health, collect tissue samples, perform anesthesia and necropsies.
- Assist in vivo studies in ophthalmology disease areas.
- Design and execute molecular-based assays to understand in-vivo therapeutic activity, efficacy and PK/PD properties.
- Optimize and refine in vivo procedures and molecular techniques to expedite and increase quality of data generation.
- Properly handle preclinical biohazardous samples to ensure personal and lab safety.
- Analyze and present data within the organization.
- Interact with vendors, CROs, collaborators and internal teams for various functions.
- Generate technical documents, SOPs, study reports and other forms of documentation for IND-enabling activities and assay development.
- Ensure quality handling of pre-clinical samples, rigorous validation of pre-clinical materials and assays to generate high-quality data.
- BS in Biology related field of study with 5+ years of hands-on experience in academic or industry setting or MS in Biology related field of study with 2+ years of hands-on experience in academic or industry setting.
- Experience with assay design and validation across multiple molecular platforms.
- Preference for individuals with demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology techniques and in vivo techniques.
- Hands-on experience with subretinal and intraocular injection in mice and In vivo and post-mortem analysis of retinal gene therapy outcome (OCT, funduscopy, ERGs, imaging).
- Experience with troubleshooting assays, including consulting available literature.
- Ability to think critically, extract conclusions from data sets to inform future studies, assess any flaws with data set and take action to address such issues through optimization and refinement of assays and protocols.