Our Gene Therapy client here in Cambridge, MA is looking to add a Sr. Research Associate, Immunology to their Immunogentics team! This role will specifically focus on and lead cellular and molecular immunology projects. Sr. RA will develop and optimize target-specific assays, characterize genetically modified primary effector cells using standard immunological assays (flow cytometry, imaging, immunofluorescence) and execute experiments and generate study reports on standard in vitro pharmacology assays to support IND filing of gene edited products. In addition, this role will share the responsibility in maintaining lab equipment, reagent inventory, management of CRO partners and maintain E-Lab Notebook and documentation.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- B.S., M.S. in immunology, cell or molecular biology with 5+ years post-degree research experience
- Experience troubleshooting assays, including consulting the available literature for potential precedent
- Experience in handling primary immune cell cultures and multi-color flow cytometry and cell-based assays such as flow cytometric analysis of blood cells required
- Strong preference for individuals with demonstrated knowledge of immune cell activation, cytotoxicity, and other cellular and ELISA-based assays to evaluate gene editing approaches in cell therapeutics in vitro and in vivo
- Experience in gene-editing (CRISPR/Cas9) will be a plus