Our client is developing a novel therapeutic modality with the ability to impact a high number of cancers. They are less than 100 people with room and resources to grow here in Cambridge. If the idea of working directly for one of the scientific co-founders and alongside the brightest minds in drug discovery is appealing to you, this is your time!
The main function of this role is coordinating and supporting clinical biomarker research and assay development to support the development and implementation of biomarker assays for clinical stage programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Collaborate with Translational, Biology and DMPK Leads to understand the biomarker hypothesis and develop biomarker strategy
• Define technical specifications of biomarker assays to guide assay development or selection for clinical studies in collaboration with Translational Lead
• Guide the establishment, implementation and optimization of clinical sample logistics (collection, shipping, storage and processing)
• Provide technical guidance in sample collection kit building
• Manage translational sample inventory reported by the central lab
• Support and/or draft and review the biomarker sections of clinical protocols, lab manuals and study reports
• Serve as point person with commercial or academic partners managing biomarker sample testing process
• Contract negotiation, PO requisition, invoice tracking and timely delivery of high-quality biomarker results from commercial or academic biomarker sample testing partners
• Own clinical biomarker data logistics from external vendors/specialty labs
• Collaborate with biorepositories to support biomarker assay development
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a BS/MS degree in a Life Sciences discipline and 5+ years of experience, with a minimum of 2+ years in a drug discovery setting working closely with groups such as translational sciences and clinical operations for clinical biomarker sample management and testing, biomarker data management, and CRO management. Must have broad experience with various types of clinical biomarker assays, sample collection, processing and shipping requirements. Oncology trial experience is a plus!
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Lexington/Cambridge area or able to relocate with limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.