Our Gene Therapy client here in Cambridge is looking to bring on board a Sr. Director, Program Management to their team! Ideal candidate will have experience leading Programs in early-phase development within either Immunology, Oncology or Ophthalmology indications. This role will serve as a Program Leader for one or more cross-functional program teams to provide strategic leadership and to serve as point of primary accountability for program. Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Proactively define program strategy, goals, decision points and potential areas of risk and/or risk mitigation.
- Clearly define team structure, roles and responsibilities to meet program goals.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for program; regularly communicate program progress and issues to key stakeholders, senior management, and external committees.
- Foster a team culture of ownership, continuous evaluation and improvement; ensure recognition of team achievements.
- Ensure clarity of mission and accountability for critical program objectives.
- Contribute expertise to the continuing development of the program management function to help further the needs of the business.
- Identify need for external expertise and engage outside experts as needed.
- BS/MS degree required; PhD preferred and deep understanding of the drug development process with 10+ years of pharma project/program management experience.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to perform at a strategic level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
- Early clinical Trial experience required; late stage clinical trial experience desired.
- Ability to drive decision-making.
- Ability to work with scientific team members at all levels.
- Experience with gene or cell therapy development programs is a plus.