Our growing Gene Therapy Client here in Cambridge is growing and looking to add a Sr. Associate Scientist to their Vector Technologies team! Their mission is to pioneer controllable cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. The Vector Technologies group is responsible for providing gene delivery production protocols and materials for the development of engineered cell therapies. This role will work with Analytical Technologies, Cell Technologies, and Protein Technologies to enable next generation controllable cellular therapies. Sr. Associate Scientist will have the unique opportunity to be a scientific contributor in a well-funded startup with blue chip investors, field-leading founders and advisors, and a highly experienced startup team. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain cell cultures and cell banks; produce, concentrate, and characterize lentiviral and retroviral vectors for gene delivery into cell lines and primary cells.
- Measure viral titer in engineered cell lines using quantitative PCR and FACS
- Design, plan, and execute experiments to test performance of regulated gene expression systems working both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers
- Interpret results, troubleshoot technical hurdles, and propose solutions to the team
- Maintain excellent records of experiments
- Collaborate effectively across organization, present internally to project teams, management, and scientific teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology or relevant field with Masters and 2+ years of experience or Bachelor’s and 5+ years of experience in biotech/pharma setting
- At least 2 yrs experience with viral (lentivirus and retrovirus) gene transfer strategies and stable cell line production. Experience with transducing primary human T- cells a plus.
- Tissue culture of adherent and suspension cell lines, including transfection and viral transduction
- Molecular/biochemical assays for cell line analysis such as quantitative PCR, western blot, ELISA, and FACS
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills, highly organized with strong record keeping and an ability multi-task
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment