Our immunotherapy client located in Cambridge, MA is growing and looking to add a Sr. Associate Scientist, Biology to their team! We are seeking a talented and collaborative cell biologist/immunologist to perform and develop target validation in vitro assays. A successful candidate will work closely with team members to drive discovery and pre- development programs. Our dynamic and innovative culture favors highly organized candidates, eager to learn and confident to work across boundaries.
• Work internally with collaborators to advance novel targets to develop clinical candidates.
• Work with Principal Scientists in the design, execution, and analysis of in vitro cell-based assays to assess efficacy and MOA.
• Support immuno-assay development for target validation, MOA and functional screens for hit identification, and MOA and functional characterization of leads in vitro.
• Contribute effectively to meetings, patents, scientific publications, and company culture.
• BS/MS in relevant scientific discipline with 1-5 yrs of laboratory experience in industry or academia, immunology background is a plus
• Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques: isolating primary cells and managing cell lines
• Experience with human and/or mouse immune cell isolation and culture, experience with macrophages or other myeloid cells preferred
• Experience with functional immune cell assays (such as activation, phagocytosis, and proliferation assays)
• Hands-on experience in basic flow cytometry is a plus but not required
• Experience with standard immuno-assays (ELISA and/or multiplex cytokine/chemokine detection via MSD, LUMINEX or Legendplex)
• Maintain clear and accurate records of experiments and analysis in electronic notebook
• Prior experience working with mouse tumor models
• Cell biology skills for target validation and MOA such as western blotting, immunoprecipitation and immunofluorescence