Our Vaccine client in Boston, MA is growing and looking to add a Senior Accounting Manager to their team! This role will support their expanding administrative team. The ideal candidate should have relevant experience in accounting operations, payroll, full cycle accounting and enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. A team player with a desire to learn and improve processes will thrive in this role.
- Supervise accounting department activities and staff who are responsible for the general ledger and operational accounting including accounts payable, payroll and cash management.
- Integral participant in the closing/cutoff process and reporting.
- General Ledger responsibility for preparing and posting of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and review clinical accruals, including coordination with multiple departments and vendors on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establish working relationships with various members of management from other departments, including General Accounting, Legal, Tax, Finance, Treasury, Equity and Human Resources.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of 1099-MISC and other year-end requirements.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for all critical financial processes.
- Manage ADP Workforce Now reporting, filings and payroll process to insure proper reconciliations and reporting.
- Support audit requirements/requests including interacting with the audit team.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives related to financial reporting.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical accounting environment
- Experience in public accounting firm, external reporting – CPA preferred
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with ERP systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Ability to maintain a high-quality level while managing competing deadline driven priorities
- Demonstrate principled leadership and initiative with passion and integrity
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace in ambiguous environments
- Willing to address difficult situations head on with patience and respect
- Must be local to Boston and able to commute into the office 2-3 days per week.