Our Cambridge, MA genome editing client uses CRISPR/Cas9 technologies to develop medicines for people with serious, genetically-defined diseases. The Biological Development group is seeking a Pharmacologist to collaborate with therapeutic area research, preclinical safety, biomarker, and clinical development to support research activities across multiple programs for cell therapy.
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution of activities related to preclinical pharmacology.
- Strategy for and oversight of animal model development and characterization in the areas of of ophthalmology and neurology.
- Design experiments and develop assays critical to understand in-vivo therapeutic activity, efficacy, and PK/PD properties.
- Perform preclinical proof-of-concept and interact with clinical development team to design and supervise IND-enabling studies.
- Experience managing studies remotely through CRO collaborators.
- Authoring or review of pre-clinical pharmacology-related section of IND.
- PhD in Pharmacology or Life Sciences related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Ability to develop/evaluate disease models for efficacy studies.
- Experience in biologics, cell or gene therapy is highly preferred.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.