Senior Scientist, Nucleic Acid Biochemistry and Engineering
We are looking for an experienced scientist with a strong background in DNA/RNA enzyme biochemistry such as with nucleases and/or deaminases to contribute to improving our gene editing systems. Experience in protein engineering is preferred. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals to work in our company. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop highly sensitive biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize and improve our gene editing systems
- Contribute to developing gene editing technology by protein rational design or by screening libraries
- Use literature and in-house structure-function information to design and implement experiments to characterize and advance our novel genome editing systems
- Work with other teams to apply biochemical insights for improving genome editing capabilities
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry, or a related field
- Hands-on experience with DNA or RNA enzyme biochemistry and assay development
- Research experience with genome editing enzymes and technologies
- Scientific background in biochemistry, strong understanding of protein structure and function
- Experience with developing screening/selection tools.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Research experience with genome editing technologies, nucleases, deaminases, other DNA/RNA enzymes, or DNA binding proteins
- Experience with analytical techniques for proteins and nucleic acids such as UV-vis, SDS-PAGE, western blotting, and electrophoresis.
- Experience with directed evolution
- Experience with protein expression and purification
- Demonstrated ability to develop assays to demonstrate protein (preferably enzyme) activity
- Relevant technical skills for data analysis, ELN documentation, and presenting results