Senior Scientist (Neuroimmunology & Food Allergy)
Location: Cambridge, MA (Hybrid)
HireMinds is exclusively partnered with FASI and seeking your experience in Neuroimmunology in a key role in developing and executing on research and development strategy and plans. FASI is a multifaceted initiative that spans world-class labs across the United States. FASI has brought together a team of experts from across diverse fields of research from some of the greatest institutions in the world. FASI’s network of researchers cross-pollinates between immunology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, neuroscience, computational biology, and engineering to better understand the fundamental mechanisms of allergic disease. This collective enables bold ideas through innovation and data-driven flexibility – and has already resulted in seminal advances in the study of food allergy. In 2021, FASI launched as an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
FASI is at an inflection point and in addition to continuing to lead the way in fundamental food allergy research. They are initiating new drug discovery programs through collaborations and internal efforts and need your drug discovery experience to help with this critical work. You’ll have a direct role in defining the future of FASI!
You’ll work along with the Sr. Vice President of Research to create and execute on new plans for Discovery Biology, Drug Discovery, and Early Drug Development phases for different programs in food allergy. To be successful you’ll bring experience in research areas including: neuroimmunology, neuroscience, immunology, gastroenterology, microbiome research, chemical biology, and translational research. Join FASI in changing the game by building the science that will turning grant making into science making for Food Allergies. Reach out to the HireMinds team and apply today!
You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Organizing and generating “best practices” for project operation, tracking, and reporting, facilitating communication and deliverables between multiple internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
- Guide scientific planning and execution for target discovery, translational biomarker research, and drug discovery efforts in collaboration with Sr. VP or Research.
- Decipher and map out strategy for target selection, generation, and refinements of target product profiles for drug candidates.
- Establish comprehensive literature analysis, competitive landscape analyses, and business plans for potential therapeutic interventions in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Establish specific technical plans including biological characterization process work flows and manage key in-vitro, ex-vivo and in-vivo assays to enable a robust drug candidate selection process.
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison for the preparation and execution of translational biomarker studies and the generation of organoids.
- Lead partnerships with external CROs and other partners to guide the drug discovery process.
- Lead the preparation of publications and patent applications associated with such efforts
- Lead the preparation of scientific content for external presentations (donors, investors, potential partners, collaborators, etc.)
- Support the coordination of FASI scientific events and meetings such as research retreats, symposiums, and other related meetings.
- Work closely with leadership team in the preparation of presentations and reports for a wide variety of audiences including the Board of Directors, donors, investors, academic leaders and industrial collaborators
- In collaboration with FASI’s leadership team, support the development of strategic and operational plans for the organization.
- Manage execution of program plans and effectively communicate progress towards milestones to key stakeholders.
- Provide support in preparation for board of director’s and scientific advisory board meetings
You’ll Bring With You:
- Ph.D. in Neuroimmunology field or Neuroscience, Immunology, Allergy Biology related fields with 3+ years of relevant drug discovery experience in industrial Biotech or Pharmaceutical drug development setting.
- Experience in designing an driving programs in discovery biology and drug discovery into translational biology phases.
- Documented track record of scientific achievements through publications/ presentations and or patent applications in relevant fields.
- A creative and curious approach to consider multiple therapeutically and modality approaches for the treatment of a variety of Food Allergies.
- Must have good independent judgment around prioritization and be able to handle frequent shifts in priorities and schedule with an evolving organization.
- Ability to help guide and shape a growing startup organization and prioritize drug program strategies and objectives.
- A passion for providing real-world solutions and breakthrough discoveries that will transform the lives of patients and their families living with food allergies.