Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Our is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
Our client is looking for a skilled chemist to join the Medicinal Chemistry team. The individual in this role will provide key input to solve the challenging problems in drug discovery. This person will be a key member of interdisciplinary project teams and work closely with internal and external colleagues to carry out the discovery of small molecule integrin inhibitors. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of medicinal and synthetic chemistry and possess creative problem-solving skills and compound design abilities. In addition to technical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position. This chemist will have the opportunity to provide leadership with manager supervision to multiple programs.
Essential Job Functions/Qualifications:
- PhD in chemistry with 3-5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience
- Direct the work of chemistry CRO teams.
- Contribute design ideas to projects.
- Coordinate key day-to-day project activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external team members.
- Clearly present results and strategies in various meetings.
- Potential to lead future programs under manager supervision.