Senior Scientist, Pharmacology (CRISPR)
Location: Cambridge, MA
In This Role You’ll Be Responsible For:
• Identifying key experiments and development of in vivo disease models to facilitate testing experimental hypotheses on an RNA modifying CRISPR platform.
• Evaluations and decision making regarding efficacy, pharmacodynamics, safety, and mechanism-of-action of drug candidates.
• Independently execute in-house and external CRO studies, analyze data, share conclusions, and propose follow up experiments with team and management.
• Identify implementation risks inherent in the experimental approaches and propose alternative strategies.
• Conceive and implement review Protocols and SOPs for pharmacology experiments.
• Maintain familiarity with relevant literature in the CRISPR gene editing, RNA, and gene regulation space.
• Test viral and/or non-viral delivery strategies in collaboration with delivery teammates.
• Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, and present at team meeting .
You’ll Bring With You:
• PhD in Pharmacology, Cell or Molecular Biology with 4+ years of industry experience in drug development setting with proven career accomplishments.
• Track record of Academic and Industry hands-on experimentation with in vivo disease models including administration of test compounds and collection of blood and tissue samples.
• Hands-on expertise with a variety of molecular and cellular biology techniques including but not limited to nucleic acid isolation, RT-qPCR, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, and western blotting.
• Analytical problem solving abilities to approach novel scientific questions and ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in an evolving biotech setting.
• Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects and guide team activities to meet company goals
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization which requires flexibility, and a willingness to take on novel discovery efforts through implementing new strategies and by applying cutting-edge technologies and methods