Senior Scientist, Functional Genomics
San Francisco, CA
Our client is dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing.
- Lead the development and execution of novel high-throughput genetic screens in mammalian cell lines.
- Develop and implement new protocols to increase the throughput and reproducibility of screen experiments.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics to analyze and interpret data for experimental iteration.
- Design, build, and clone plasmid vectors for mammalian cell line expression.
- Collaborate with the Genomics team to onboard new NGS assays for functional genomics.
- Coordinate project plans and communication with CROs for outsourcing.
- Write SOPs, record experimental reports, and present results at meetings.
- Collaborate as a technical leader cross-functionally to scope project requirements, plan timelines, and drive projects to completion.
- Mentor and supervise junior scientists
- PhD in synthetic biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, cell biology, chemical engineering or related field with 5+ years of industry and/or postdoc wet lab experience, or BA/MS with equivalent expertise.
- Expertise with CRISPR systems and familiarity with a variety of genome engineering and perturbation modalities.
- Experience culturing and engineering adherent and suspension mammalian cell lines.
- Experience designing vectors and cloning workflows for mammalian cells.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and effective communication skills.