Senior Research Associate, Protein Engineering
South San Francisco, California
Who Are We?
Our client’s company is based on the science of one of the original CRISPR co-inventors. We are looking for exceptional team members who want an active role in building a rapidly growing biotech.
What you will accomplish:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and optimization of high-throughput protein engineering protocols and methodologies for desired improvements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and optimization of screening assays (in vivo and in vitro) and selection methods for engineered protein variants.
- Integrate high-throughput laboratory automation into experimental workflows.
- Document experiments and findings in accurate, detailed, and timely manner. Regular oral and written communication of data and results to senior staff and team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS in biological science/biochemistry/chemical biology or related field with 3 years of related R&D experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in molecular cloning.
- Culturing and experimentation in mammalian cell culture.
- Protein expression, purification and in vitro assay development.
- CRISPR/Cas screening.
- Flow cytometry, FACS, ELISA, RT-qPCR, and or related gene/protein expression analysis methods.
- NGS assay design and Illumina library preparation.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 USD to $110,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including, without limitation, individual education, experience, tenure, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data, including potential adjustments for geographic location.