Senior/Principle Scientist, Oncology
Location: Waltham, MA
HireMinds is Exclusively representing Santi Therapeutics and seeking your Oncology skills. Santi Therapeutics is building the leading molecular glue discovery platform to regulate disease targets that are difficult to address with any other modality. Santi’s drug discovery engine is powered by high-resolution structural insights, state-of-the-art in silico tools, and bespoke chemical libraries. The research team has validated the best-in-class platform and initiated multiple programs across different disease areas. The therapeutic approach pioneered by Santi has the potential to fundamentally change the paradigm of drug discovery and bring significant clinical benefits to patients. We are in the greater Boston area and are jointly backed by RA Capital and Atlas Ventures. If you'd like to access this excellent career opportunity apply today and contact the HireMinds team.
• Experience with in vitro biology studies from target validation to Development Candidate (DC) selection.
• Highly proficient with molecular and cell biology techniques such as mammalian cell culture, immunoprecipitation, immunoblotting, quantitative RT-PCR, colony formation, ELISA, cell viability assays, flow cytometry and immunofluorescence imaging.
• Experience with managing external research teams to achieve project goals, including defining research plans, evaluating data and troubleshooting with external partners.
• Effective in leading productive discussions with internal and external colleagues, readily adapt to changing project priorities, and conduct multiple project and laboratory tasks efficiently.
• Demonstrated ability to internalize new techniques, troubleshoot assays, and independently analyze and interpret experimental data to recommend next steps.
• Attention to detail and proven track record with planning, executing, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making.
Key attributes: A discovery-oriented and open mindset, independent, enthusiastic, collaborative and team-oriented, communication skills
PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of post-PhD drug discovery in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
In addition you should bring a collaborative team-first mentality with ability to contribute to teams expertise with Oncology drug discovery insights. You should also bring the ability to work in a fast-paced biotech environment and adapt to evolving demands.