Our client is a pre-IPO company with a recent $150+ million funding round focused on developing oncology therapeutics using a new treatment modality. They are seeking an experienced Process Chemist to join their growing Chemistry group and have a significant impact on their entire platform and therapeutic programs.
The main function of this role is to develop safe and scalable synthetic routes as well as optimizing current synthetic methodology for oncology therapeutics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Serve as SME in process chemistry to develop safe and scalable routes
• Drive the expansion of internal chemistry capability by developing and optimizing novel synthetic methodologies.
• Broadly influence overall chemistry by enhancing efficiency and throughput of reactions to produce next-generation therapeutics.
• Prepare small batches of custom molecules on multi-gram to kilo scale.
• Guide selection of CROs/CMOs and manage business relationship with selected partners.
• Strategically plan & manage a robust material supply chain to support drug supply needed for IND-enabling studies and clinical trial material.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have MS Degree in Chemistry and 8-10+ years of industry experience (or PhD and 5+ years) and extensive knowledge of synthetic methodology and catalysis. Must also have strong track-record of bringing innovative solutions to solve chemistry problems (including publications in the field). Experience in bringing drug candidates to IND-enabling studies is a plus but not required. Also, experience with scale-up, safety assessment, technical transfer, and cGMP manufacturing is a plus.
Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates. All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.