Our client is a global technology company that continues to be a pioneer in providing online marketing products and services to small businesses. We are looking for a Senior Manager of Internal Communications who has experience communicating with and engaging engineers and software developers about various technology topics.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, creative innovator with a love of all-things technology and the folks who build it. In this role, you’ll share updates from leaders, but more importantly, you’ll be connecting with and earning the trust and respect of the team so you can uncover and help surface the stories from the front line, telling the leaders what their team needs to hear about next.
In this role, you will also communicate with the whole company on exciting developments in the technology organization. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Communications, this person will work directly with the Chief Technology Officer. The position can be based in Downtown Boston and will also work in their Waltham headquarters ~2 days/week.
- 5+ years of internal communications experience supporting a CTO/CIO/CDO
- Direct experience of driving engaging communications to software developers/engineers, preferable in dispersed locations
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with a range of people, in different functions and at different levels at a global company
- Track record of getting buy in, especially from senior leaders
- Experience using a range of channels, including online, print, video, events, live presentations, digital signage, Slack, etc.
- Stays current on trends and best practices to continually improve how an organization can communicate with and engage their employees
- Able to take an idea, develop a strategy and carry it through to implementation. Skilled at developing metrics and tracking campaigns, optimizing along the way
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Demonstrated ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating communications for team members of all levels and in all geographies
- Ability to prioritize and shift gears as necessary to adjust to the needs of a fast-paced business
- Bachelor’s degree