Senior Capital Projects Engineer
Our client is a cell and gene therapy technology company built to power the development of transformative cell and gene therapies today and for many decades to come.
The Senior Capital Project Engineer is responsible for executing a project or group of highly technical, capital projects from conceptualization to successful conclusion; accountable for defining the goals and intended outcomes of each project along with project scope, risk, procurement methodology, schedule, and budget. Lead the design, permitting, and construction of the project using established processes, experience, and expertise while providing exceptional communication to all project stakeholders. As a leader and expert within the capital project management team, you will mentor other members of the Capital Project organization. You will lead/support aspects of the Capital Planning process, helping to establish and track against corporate business plan.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Incorporates business foresight of emerging technological trends. Leads development of Project Charter and documents the initial requirements that satisfy the stakeholders needs and expectations. Establishes engineering project objectives and technical criteria for evaluating project results and activities of the project team.
- Develops, plans, coordinates and directs engineering aspects of projects of major scope and importance. Manages multiple, often concurrent projects and meets expectations. Understands the business needs and has a thorough knowledge of the customer when developing a project scope.
- Oversee design, construction, commissioning, qualification (if applicable) and readiness workstreams for each assigned project.
- A Subject Matter Expert in project engineering. Participates on internal, cross-divisional teams to develop and align procedures and standards. Participates on group or divisional task forces.
- Work directly with the Engineering & Technical Services leadership team and business partners during the long-term planning and annual budget development cycle performing factored cost estimates based on benchmarks- historical data and related conceptual scope to include project in capital plan.
- Ensure safe implementation of capital projects by keeping safety first and foremost in project development and execution.
- Uses established PM tools and techniques (Cash Flow Projections, Scope / Schedule Control, etc.) to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives. Contributes to the development of project management best practices. Directs and manages Project Execution by performing the work defined in the project plan to achieve project objectives.
- Achieves effective financial control through management of project scope, estimating, effective use of SAP for contract and purchase creation and release.
- Defines roles and responsibilities. Monitors and controls project work to meet the performance objectives defined in the project plan. Focuses on cost and milestone achievement to optimize resource utilization. Reviews change requests, manages and approves changes to the deliverables, organizational process assets, project documents, and the project plan.
- Performs tasks, such as writing Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs), safety / quality checklists, scope documents, etc.
- Closes the project by finalizing all activities across all the Project Groups to formally complete the project or phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline and experience.
- PE License desired
- Experience working in GxP pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology regulated environment.
- A minimum of 10 years of project or construction management experience, managing multiple complex capital projects
- 5+ years of MEP systems experience with respect to preconstruction and construction management.
- Highly functional in a fast-paced dynamic company with the ability to prioritize issues under differing pressures and to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Deep understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards
- Experienced working on all aspects of capital projects, KPI’s, including budgeting, design, construction, validation, start-up and ongoing operations.
- Advanced knowledge of construction best practice and the ability to mentor at all levels to impart knowledge and develop a self-sustaining- continuous improvement culture
- Proficiency with SAP, Procore, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam Revu Project Systems.