Scientist, Vector Production (AAV)
HireMinds is working with a top local gene therapy partner to find Scientist to work with Vector production for Gene Therapy technologies. In this role you'll work daily with production and purification of viral vectors with working collaboratively with research teams. In this role you will provide hands-on expertise in working with bioreactors and vector design and purification for a variety of projects. If this sounds like an exciting step for your career contact the HireMinds Biotech team today.
- Coordinate with head of Vector Production and teams in analytical assay development for deliverables and accountabilities to the team
- Provide subject matter expertise in process development and technical transfer for upstream and/or downstream AAV products
- Experience with hands-on lab scale up and scale down of stirred tank bioreactors (STRs)
- Compile work into ELN systems in capturing workflow data and required protocols
- Ability to present and convey new technologies and findings to teams in collaborative presentation
- A hunger to follow the latest in the gene therapy and vector production field and bring what is valuable in-house in relation to purification, production, and bioreactor technologies
- Ability to manage and successfully complete a variety of projects running in parallel
Ph.D. with 2+ years of industrial experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical setting in vector production, preferably AAV
- Hands-on expertise in culturing suspension cells in shake flasks and small scale bioreactors for gene therapy vector projects
- Hands-on execution of purification techniques including: affinity exchange, ion-exchange, SEC-based column chromatography, ultracentrifugation, etc.
- Ability to adapt to new projects and troubleshoot
- Ability to effectively present ideas internally with presentations, report writing and day-to-day project team communications