Sr. Scientist, CAR-T
Location: Cambridge, MA
HireMinds is seeking your scientific expertise in CAR-T discovery to effective design and generate novel CAR constructs and lead scientific progression of new projects. This company has a proprietary cell therapy platform that enables efficient therapeutic delivery which improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies. In this role they’ll depend on your CAR-T innovative mindset to dive into the latest literature and bring in-house theories to pave CAR-T project plans. You’ll execute in the lab and lead research efforts in a 50/50 split in this role. This is a highly-visible research role to guide CAR-T research so don’t miss out. Contact the HireMinds Biotech Team and apply today to learn more.
In This Role You’ll Be Responsible For:
• Lab abilities in the generation of novel CAR constructs, including binder screening and innovative CAR designs and techniques.
• Ability to characterize CAR T-cell functionality through use of cell-based assays and molecular and cellular techniques including: LVV transfer vectors, Multi-color Flow Cytometry, Luminex, CAR avidity measurements, and ELISA.
• Assess CAR T-cell functionality with in vivo modeling projects in collaboration with in-house and CRO peers.
• Lead the design of experiments (DOE), interpretation of data, and oversee troubleshooting of assays and experiments. Work with PD and Technical Operations peers in guiding development candidates.
• Collaborate with peers in studies to optimize current CAR constructs and functional assessments in leading studies to patients in the clinic.
• Create lab standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, test methods, study protocols, and technical reports.
• Prepare presentations and progress reports at external and internal research meetings and effectively communicate progress to leadership team.
• Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
You’ll Bring The Following:
• PhD with 3+ years of industry (biotech or pharmaceutical) setting experience in CAR-T therapy.
• Proven experience in Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) projects in cancer biology, immunology, biochemistry, or a related discipline
• Hands-on expertise in CAR engineering and cell transduction protocols (lentivirus, retrovirus, transposon)
• Ability to conduct both vitro and in vivo assays in progressing CAR-T projects in the laboratory setting.
• Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills to decipher data and provide results to key stakeholders on the team.
• A proven record of peer-reviewed publications in the CAR-T or TCR engineered T-cell focused research is required.
• Ability to work Collaboratively with a team-first mentality in making contributions to the drug pipeline progression and ability to guide teams with your CAR-T expertise.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced biotech environment and adapt to evolving demands.