Our client is a Boston-based biotech startup revolutionizing protein therapeutics. We are seeking a Scientist, Protein Engineering to expand and scale their proprietary platform. You will report directly to the Head of Platform and be responsible for mentoring junior scientists on the team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with adequate funding, new labs, and well-known founders out of Harvard.
If you’re interested, please contact email@example.com to apply and interview soon.
- Combine protein engineering, synthetic library, directed evolution and in vitro display approaches to advance the platform
- Work independently and in collaboration with experimental, computational, and hybrid biologists
- Mentor junior scientists in developing skills essential to the execution of scientific research
- Document data in timely fashion and present results to team
- Partner with the protein sciences and in vivo biology teams to support the deployment of technologies for screening drug candidates in animal models
- PhD in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology or related field
- Expertise executing high-throughput screens and/or protein/enzyme engineering work.
- Proficiency in key biochemistry/molecular biology techniques, including: cloning, protein purification and ELISA/Western analysis
- NGS library preparation experience
- Interest in mentoring junior scientists and growing into management in the future
- Directed evolution or phage/yeast/mammalian or related display technologies experience
- Familiar with antibody or antibody-like molecules