Scientist or Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineer/Oncology
Our client is a Boston-based biotech startup revolutionizing protein therapeutics. We are seeking a Scientist or Senior Scientist to join their team and take ownership of a new drug program. Ideally, you have extensive experience in protein engineering, protein therapeutic design, and oncology or immuno-oncology (t cells) disease biology. This is an extremely unique opportunity. You will immediately be trusted to lead a new program utilizing their novel and propriety technology that will be continually advanced by their top-notch engineering team.
If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply and interview soon.
- Design/ plan/ execute experiments to advance drug candidates and programs
- Own all protein engineering efforts for at least one drug program
- Advance current binder discovery and screening pipelines
- Manage responsibilities to advance primary program with new program initiation endeavors as well as longer term innovation projects
- Support lead validation experiments and preclinical data packages
What you’ll need to be successful:
- PhD in protein biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, bioengineering or similar with 2+ years of biotech industry experience
- Protein engineering expertise with a libraries/selections/multiplexing mindset
- Cancer biology and/or immunology disease knowledge
- Experience working on protein or cell-based drug programs
- Experience with CAR-T, T-cell engagers, multispecifics, ADCs, targeted cytokines, etc.
- Ability to solve difficult protein engineering challenges
- Knack for DNA and protein library strategies, high-throughput methods, and selections
- Expertise in protein engineering in the context of antibody constructs, single-domain antibodies, or similar including topics such as epitope selection, design of binder campaigns, choice of format/architecture, linker design, ‘AND-gate’ / ‘OR-gate’ selectivity and avidity engineering, structure-guided engineering, etc.
- Capable of pushing projects/programs forward independently within an enthusiastic and tight-knit team
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.