Scientist/Senior Scientist, In Vitro Myogenesis
South San Francisco
Who are we?
Our client is on a mission to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. You may be, accurately, wondering "how do you do this"? Well, our team is developing a proprietary technology platform to target various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases.
We are now looking for curious, passionate, and motivated scientists to join an organization developing the new age of regenerative medicine. Besides the research aspects of the job, ask yourself:
- Do you want to be an influential member to an early biotech, where your contributions actually matter? Guess what, you will find that here.
- Looking to advance in your career across non-research function? Learn from experienced team members … for free.
- Have an interesting idea to add to the company culture? Let's implement it!
Our small but growing team currently operates out of South San Francisco. We are easily accessible from SF, the Peninsula, and the East Bay (for those interested in the occasional ferry rides).
- Design and execute in vitro validation and cell culture studies for an early-stage research program on neuromuscular disease.
- Develop and execute myogenesis and efficacy in vitro assays
- Generate and test gRNA libraries for CRISPR screening
- Optimize product candidate through the discovery process towards development candidate nomination
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with team members to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Responsible for data analysis and interpretation, troubleshooting, and follow up experiment
- PhD in molecular biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, stem cell or related fields, with 2+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Working knowledge of neuromuscular diseases, and muscle-specific in vitro disease models.
- Strong molecular biology skills (DNA and RNA handling, Immunostaining, cloning etc)
- Experience with CRISPR related technologies is preferred