Our mid-size Cambridge based client is a clinical stage company and they are seeking an experienced Protein Engineering Scientist to join their Molecular and Cell Biology team. The main function of this role is to design, development, and optimization of our next-generation biologic therapeutics, with a focus on fusion proteins and antibodies.
• Advance construct design and cloning, mammalian cell recombinant protein expression, cell-based assay development, and analytical evaluation of the novel proteins.
• Design, implement, and troubleshoot cell-based assays as well as interpret, present, and statistically analyze date.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage direct reports and promote career development.
• Utilize background in structure based design and/or yeast of phage display library screening for protein engineering.
• Communicate effectively by presentation and written technical reports to internal and external audiences.
• PhD in Bioengineering, Cell or Molecular Biology or related field.
• Hands-on molecular biology skills skills including mammalian construct design, cloning, mutagenesis, and analysis of DNA and protein sequences
• 5+ years of experience designing, expressing, and screening fusion proteins or antibodies
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.