Scientist, Stem Cell Engineering (HSCs)
Location: South San Francisco
Contact: Chris Clancy – Chris@Hireminds.com
HireMinds is currently working with a stealth-mode biotechnology company that is aiming to revolutionize regenerative therapies. Our client is seeking your talents in evaluating and optimizing Hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) engineering strategies as you assist in bringing their technology to life. In this role you will be an influential member of the team help develop critical cell engineering and assay development strategies. This is a stellar opportunity for you apply your stem cell expertise to a cutting-edge science in the epigenetics and gene regulation space. You also will have ease of access to their site from either San Francisco, Peninsula, or East Bay with their South San Francisco JLabs location as well. If you are ready to join a company with amazing scientific founders and help guide their screening efforts and scientific programs, then reach out to Chris Clancy at HireMinds today.
- You will work hands-on with an expertise in conducting mammalian cell culture in generating stable cell lines and applications of cellular reprogramming
- Expertise with adut stem cells preferably HSCs, but open to experience with MSCs or SSCs.
- You will bring in-depth experience with molecular biology (including RT-PCR, western blot, etc.), experience with siRNA or RNAi applications to epigenetics.
- In addition, hands-on exposure to CRISPR, molecular cloning, bioinformatics analysis are valuable skills to have
- You will have experience in reprogramming mammalian cell-lines and primary cells into relevant progenitor stem cells
- You will conduct genome editing of cells for functional optimization and applications
- You will work with progenitor cells in culture and banking
- You will work in differentiating progenitor cells into targeted tissue cells
- Guide the development of disease modeling assays through comparative experiments
- Assist company’s vector engineers in design of AAV and lentivirus-based gene delivery systems
- Ability to apply technology transfer between external parties to bring in best technologies in-house and in future partnerships to transfer technologies out-of-house
- Ph.D. in Cellular Biology or Cell Engineering with 3+ years Post-Doctoral experience in years research focused in Hematopoietic stem cell biology, stem cell engineering, genetic engineering, or related fields of research
- Expertise with primary stem cells preferably Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) but open to Mesenchymal (MSC) or induced pluripotent (iPSC, etc) stem cell experience
- Ideally you will have knowledge of relevant preclinical animal models with degenerative diseases
- You will have a hunger to succeed in a growing biotech environment and be able to contribute to innovative cellular biology initiatives
- Experience with cell lineage characterization using multi-parameter flow cytometry, western blot, and qRT-PCR
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent scientific skills in experimentation, record-keeping and both oral and written presentation