Scientist, Gene Therapy (RNA)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
You’ll Be Responsible For:
• Providing RNA biology expertise in the laboratory as well as cloning in order to help prioritize top candidates for further validation.
• Expertise with RNA extraction techniques and preparation of libraries for RNA sequencing from primate tissue.
• Oversight of all aspects of library production with meticulous detail from viral vector design, cloning, and library design.
• Preparation of samples for next generation sequencing libraries.
• A passion for keeping up-to-date with relevant scientific literature and advancements in RNA biology and library production to troubleshoot and improve methodologies for the team.
• Identify implementation risks inherent in the experimental approaches and propose alternative strategies.
• Independently execute studies, analyze data, and share gained understanding of outcomes in internal forums and with external collaborators.
• Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, and present at team meetings and to management.
You’ll Bring With You:
• PhD in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry and 2+ years of Postdoctoral training with a track record of high-impact scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Preferred background of study in neuroscience and/or have experience with analyzing RNA sequencing datasets.
• Expertise in the preparation of RNA-sequencing libraries is required.
• Prior experience in the analysis of next-generation-sequencing datasets through past work is desired.
• Extensive hands-on experience in molecular, cellular and biochemical approaches and viral vector design (AAV, lentivirus or adenovirus), with an emphasis on DNA and RNA-based techniques: trizol extraction, cloning, in situ hybridization, RNAscope etc.
• Familiarity with cell culture, qPCR platforms, and viral delivery protocols is preferred.
• Willingness to implement new strategies, cutting-edge technologies and methods. Ability to master new concepts and technologies quickly and run experiments independently.
• Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, with excellent time management skills in keeping industry timelines in focus.
• Ability to work in an evolving environment, collaborating with various colleagues across multiple departments.
• Will consider Scientist or Sr. Scientist titles pending candidate experience level.