Our vaccine client in Boston, MA is growing and looking to add a Scientist, Discovery & Pre-clinical to their team! This team’s mission is to assess emerging and reemerging viral strains and genotypes as potential targets for developing a life cycle management strategy for the pipeline. Scientist will be responsible for experimental execution in the research and pre-clinical development team with strong laboratory experience in molecular biology, genomics, or related disciplines. The position requires strong hands-on technical skills and organization capability. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, plan and execute experiments for the exploratory research of the current and emerging viral genotypes from a variety of sample types.
- Develop/optimize assays across a wide range of molecular biology techniques including but not limited to primer and construct design, PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification and quantification, cloning, and sequencing assay optimization.
- Support the development and implementation of novel high-throughput assays and platforms. Collaborate with other team members across functional areas. Lead and assist communication with external CROs.
- Record data and report results according to industry standards. Prepare written / oral reports for presentation to the research group and senior staff and make recommendations based on data and program team feedback.
- Mentor and manage junior research team members. Assist reagent, consumable inventory, and equipment maintenance of the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Immunology, infectious diseases or related disciplines AND a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-doctoral experience, prior experience in biotech industry setting is a plus.
- Strong expertise in molecular and biochemical assays including PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, ddPCR nucleic acid purification and quantification, cloning, and sequencing assay optimization. Experience of RNA sample handling is essential.
- Computer proficient in bioinformatic tools for molecular design and sequence analysis.
- Familiar with techniques for recombinant protein characterization including SDS-PAGE, SEC, RP-HPLC, LC-MS, ELISA, DLS and potency assays. Hangs-on experience in cell culture, transfection and animal handling are a plus.
***This is a lab-based, hands-on role and require to be onsite 5 days a week.