Our client is an early stage oncology therapeutics start-up led by successful serial entrepreneur and they have $150+ million in funding! As they scale their research efforts, they're looking for a Research Operations Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the COO, the right candidate will have a passion for managing research operations in a drug discovery setting. Based in a world-class research facility in Cambridge (remote to start), this is a fantastic role for someone looking to shape the processes and protocols of a cutting edge oncology therapeutics company.
The main function of this role is to manage all general research operations necessary to keep the lab running safely and efficiently, including waste consolidation and removal, gas tank exchanges, tissue culture room maintenance, hazardous waste disposal, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Lab equipment purchases, installation, maintenance, repair and calibration
• Lab safety and regulatory compliance, including tracking of chemicals and hazardous materials and enforcing PPE policy and laboratory safety rules
• Training of staff on safety and laboratory best practices
• Increasing effectiveness of lab operations via continuous improvement of workflows
• Optimize and manage documentation and data systems
• Develop SOPs for proper use of laboratory equipment and systems
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a BS degree or higher (advanced degrees welcome) and 4+ years of industry experience in drug discovery and development. Preference for those with experience managing large labs across many areas of the drug discovery process and road understanding of chemistry, hit-to-lead and biology. Experience with GMP facility operations also welcome.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Cambridge area.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.