Research Associate, In Vivo
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer.
We are seeking a Research Associate with in vitro and in vivo skills for immunology, pre-clinical research in the areas of inflammation and autoimmunity. You will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists, playing a key role to evaluate new immunotherapeutic strategies and drug candidates.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform standard procedures in live rodent models
- Animal study monitoring, necropsy procedures, and downstream processing of samples
- Isolate and characterize different subsets of primary human and mouse immune cells
- Perform mammalian cell culture, transfection, Western blot, ELISA, RT-PCR, and multicolor flow cytometry
- Perform mechanistic studies to characterize the cellular pathways impacted by inhibition of integrin targets
- Analyze experimental results for presentations to peers and management
Who You Are:
- B.Sc. degree with industry or academic experience in biology, immunology, or related field.
- In vivo skills including routine animal handling
- Basic lab experience in life sciences, in vitro or in vivo
- Background in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry
- Demonstrated ability for multi-tasking and high productivity
- Ability to independently follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Fast learner and show curiosity in new techniques
- Excited to be in a lab-based role