Research Associate II/Sr, CRISPR Screening
South San Francisco, California
Who Are We?
Our client’s company is based on the science of one of the original CRISPR co-inventors who then furthered the technology so that DNA does not need to be cut to accomplish gene regulation.
What you will accomplish here:
- Develop high-throughput functional screening platforms for a portfolio of cell therapy applications
- Develop DNA constructs and cellular CRISPR libraries
- Develop, evaluate, optimize, and implement new technologies, laboratory protocols, and methodologies for biochemical and cell-based assays
- Provide expert support for multiplexing and scaling biological readouts across our broader scientific team
- Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application to multiplexing readouts and cell therapy
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Interpret and effectively execute experiments in line with project timelines and goals
- BS/MS in molecular biology, cell biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or related fields, with 3+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Strong knowledge of sterile technique with significant experience maintaining cell lines and primary cell cultures
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job, demonstrate productivity, and deliver high-quality results
- Strong candidates will also possess the following skills:
- Lentivirus packaging and transduction
- DNA and RNA extraction/purification (mini and maxi preps, etc.)
- Molecular cloning (digestion, ligation, gel electrophoresis, etc.)
- Exceptional candidates may also possess the following skills or experiences:
- Experience using CRISPR technologies for cell line engineering (knockout, knock-in, base-editing, CRISPRi/a)
- Flow cytometry
- Working knowledge of NGS technologies and workflows
The salary range for this position is $85,000 USD to $110,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including, without limitation, individual education, experience, tenure, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data, including potential adjustments for geographic location.