Research Associate I/II, In Vivo/Preclinical Programs
South San Francisco, California
Our client’s company is based on the science of one of the original CRISPR co-inventors who then furthered the technology so that DNA does not need to be cut to accomplish gene regulation.
As a Research Associate I/II for in vivo programs, your primary responsibility will be to design, execute and analyze experiments aimed at developing pre-clinical models for company’s therapeutic pipeline. You will also be responsible for optimizing in vivo models to evaluate the efficacy and safety of CRISPR-based therapeutics.
- Design, organize, and record small animal-based in vivo/preclinical experiments across company’s portfolio of indications
- Perform small animal experiments including drug administration and survival surgeries
- Collect tissues, and analyze outcomes using but not limited to ELISA, qPCR, Enzyme based functional assays, histopathology, and ISH
- Adopt and develop best functional assays to evaluate the efficacy of the therapeutic pipeline
- Collect, organize, maintain, and report in vivo/Preclinical data
- Establish, maintain, and utilize CROs to implement projects
- Coordinate and execute a timeline of experiments across multiple projects
- B.S. or equivalent relevant experience in Biology, cell/molecular biology, bioengineering, virology, related discipline with 1+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or academia as part of teams developing complex therapeutics
- Working knowledge of cell/molecular biology techniques
- Ability to adopt and perform in a fast-paced dynamic research environment
- Exceptional candidates will have following skills
- Experience in small animal survival surgeries
- Experience in multiple routes of administration
- Experience in copy number assays and enzyme-based functional assays
- Experience in histopathology and image analysis
- Expertise in biostatistics
- Experience in functional assays based on cell-based 3D-engineered tissues in vitro
The salary range for this position is $85,000 USD to $100,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including, without limitation, individual education, experience, tenure, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data, including potential adjustments for geographic location.