Research Associate I/II/Sr, Fibrosis
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer.
They are currently seeking a Research Associate II with strong in vitro and some in vivo skills for fibrosis research. The candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists, playing a key role to evaluate new immunotherapeutic strategies and drug candidates. The candidate is expected to be multi-tasking and able to execute complex experiments with strong attention to detail under daily supervision. The candidate should be highly motivated, creative and flexible, possess strong experimental and technical research skills, have excellent communication skills, and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform in vitro assays, including RNA/protein extraction, qPCR, ELISA, multiplex cytokine assessment, western blot and others to support programs.
- Tissue culture of primary and immortalized cell lines.
- Utilize appropriate in vitro and ex vivo cellular models to validate novel therapeutic targets.
- Develop cell-based and biochemical approaches and technologies to understand mechanism of action of candidate therapeutics.
- Assist with in vivo animal studies as needed.
- Document, analyze, and interpret experimental results; Present results and conclusions to peers and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of industry or academic experience or master’s degree with at least one year of work experience.
- Hand on experience with cellular and molecular techniques including maintenance of cell culture, in vitro cell-based assay development, cell transfection, RNA/protein extraction, qPCR, ELISA, multiplex cytokine assessment, western blots and others.
- Hand on experience with animal, including animal handling, necropsy, collection of blood and tissues.
- Able to work independently, creatively and collaboratively to determine methods and procedures, design and execute experiments. Demonstrate excellence in data analysis and interpretation.
- Self-motivated, ability to think strategically, work independently and proven time management skills and ability to support multiple projects p in a fast pace and collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills