Research Associate, I/II/Sr, CRISPR Screening
Stealth Mode Biotech | South San Francisco, CA
Who are we?
We are on a mission to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. To achieve this, our team is developing a proprietary technology platform to target various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases.
We are now looking for curious, passionate, and motivated scientists to join an organization developing the next generation of regenerative medicine. Besides the research aspects of the job, ask yourself:
- Do you want to be an influential member in an early biotech company, where your creative contributions actually matter? You will find that here.
- Looking to advance in your career across non-research functions? Learn from experienced team members … for free.
- Have an interesting idea to add to the company culture? Let’s implement it!
Our small but growing team currently operates out of South San Francisco. We are easily accessible from SF, the Peninsula, and the East Bay (for those interested in the occasional ferry rides).
Checklist for successful candidates:
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, stem cell or related fields, with 4+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Experience with high-throughput functional CRISPR screening; prior experience using gene editing, RNAi, CRISPRa/i, or CRISPR KO strategies
- Working knowledge of NGS technologies and workflows
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job, demonstrate productivity, and deliver high-quality results
- Exceptional candidates will also possess the following skills:
- Experience in maintaining cell culture such as HSCs, MSCs or iPSC culture
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, transfection, etc.)
- Familiar with molecular cloning, gene engineering, and seamless cloning
- Technical experience with primary cell culture and cell culture of immortalized cell lines and stem cells
- Experience in molecular cloning (digestion, ligation, gel electrophoresis, etc.)
- Experience in lentivirus packaging
- Experience with cell sorting using FACS
What you will accomplish here:
- Conduct high-throughput screening for a portfolio of novel target activities
- Generate DNA constructs and CRISPR libraries
- Development, evaluation, optimization and implementation of new technologies, laboratory protocols, and methodologies for biochemical and cell-based assays
- Provide expert support for multiplexing and scaling biological readouts across our broader scientific team
- Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application to multiplexing readouts and cell therapy
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Interpret and effectively execute experiments in line with project timelines and goals
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in building a company’s science and culture from the ground up, and we look forward to hearing from you!