Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Full-time – On-site
Our stealth client is revolutionizing RNA delivery by leveraging new biology along the RNA-Glycobiology axis. Founded by world-experts in glycobiology and glyco-chemistry, they recently launched to harness the potential biology of glycoRNAs for delivery and immune modulation.
We are seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join their team. You will contribute your expertise in molecular and cellular biology to support their discovery efforts. The successful candidate will play a lead role in validating the efficacy of their novel platform technology and will learn transferable skills for RNA therapeutic development and RNA and immune cell biology.
This position will work closely with a Sr. Scientist in Biology, as well as key members of the strategy, chemistry, and in vivo DNPK teams of the parent company. This position may be attractive to candidates interested in transitioning to graduate school as the company has strong ties to academia and publications and patents are a priority of the company.
Interested? If you meet the requirements below, please email email@example.com!
- Molecular biology support for functional and detection assays.
- Manage the culturing of immortalized and primary cells, and execution of cell based assays.
- Independently write plans and reports for assay development and qualification.
- Maintain excellent written documentation of completed experiments (e.g. electronic lab notebook and study reports).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative molecular biology and demonstrated quantitative excellence in molecular assay execution (e.g. reproducibility and technical error in a qPCR experiment)
- Extensive experience with cell culture maintenance and some experience in cell based assays
- Previous experience tissue processing a plus
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data and troubleshooting abilities.
- Good writing and communication skills; ability to understand and communicate scientific information.
- Highly collaborative working style, and ability to adapt in a fast-paced
- Ability to work with minimal direction to meet objectives and timelines, adapting to changes and priorities in order to fulfill our mission.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.