Our small clinical-stage biopharmaceutical client in Boston is looking to hire an Senior Accountant with R&D experience to join their team! We offer a flexible hybrid in office/remote working environment for our employees. Role will be a core member of a growing team of dynamic and experienced professionals who enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant startup culture. The Senior Accountant will execute a variety of accounting activities within the monthly financial close, including journal entry preparation and account analyses, supporting the annual financial statement preparation, and performing internal control activities.
- Prepare monthly accruals and schedules for the close, journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, contact vendors for estimates and ensure that all monthly transactions are reported accurately and timely.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Perform periodic Balance Sheet and P&L variance/flux analyses
- Support the preparation of financial statements and footnotes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare reports/analytics to support the FP&A budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist in the preparation of materials to support audit requirements/requests and quarterly reviews, including interacting with auditors
- Cross-training with other team members to provide coverage, if/when needed
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc requests
- Establish working relationships with various members of management from other departments, including General Accounting, Legal, Tax, Finance, Treasury, Equity and Human Resources.
- Supports other special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical accounting environment preferred
- Experience in public accounting firm, external reporting – CPA preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with ERP systems – NetSuite and Equity Edge preferred.
- Attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects
- Comfortable moving at a fast pace in ambiguous environments
***Must be able to commute into the Boston office a few days a week.