San Francisco, CA
Our client is on a mission to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing.
The Project Manager will establish 64x Bio’s project and program management functions and work closely with the R&D team, senior leadership, and industry partners to drive the success of our VectorSelect™ platform.
- Build project plans, as well as track and coordinate resources, timelines, budgets, and dependencies to ensure on-time delivery of the platform and partnered programs.
- Develop the project management infrastructure for the organization, including governance, stakeholder communications, reporting and metrics, and other best practices.
- Schedule, prepare, and lead project review meetings internally and with partners.
- Identify and clearly communicate project risks, issues, and resource constraints to senior leadership and align expectations from all stakeholders.
- Assist project teams in orchestrating the most efficient use of shared resources and justifying additional capital expenditures as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of project management experience supporting highly technical R&D projects in the life sciences.
- Industry experience as an RA or Scientist in a life science laboratory setting prior to the project management role is required
- Ability to reprioritize throughout the day and week as new needs arise in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate with a wide array of personalities and work styles.
- Experience deploying and administering project management software.
- Experience in a life science startup environment is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology, cell culture, and related disciplines
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification