Process Development Engineer, Cell Therapy (MS 2+/ BS 4+ years)
HireMinds is representing a well-funded cell therapy team's growth in the Process Development team. Our client is seeking your talents in cell therapy (CAR-T, NK, T-cell) technologies and bioprocess practices to guide their CMO transfer to advance the manufacturing pipeline programs. In this role you will support process development and optimization of manufacturing steps from the harvest up to the cryopreservation of the immune cell product. You will successfully execute on laboratory studies in support of process design and development, process characterization, and continuous process improvements. You will also support and contribute to regulatory submissions and technology transfer to CMO partners and manage relationships. You will also have great mentors on this team and pick up new skills as you advance your career in Process Development of Cell Therapies. If this role excites you set a time to speak with Tori O’Connor on the HireMinds Biotech team today. You won't want to miss this one!
In This Role You Will Work On:
• You will work hands-on in cell culture and aseptic processing with CAR-T products and scale-up to CMO transfer stages of process
• Experience with development of scale-down models of cell therapy manufacturing processes
• Expertise with cryopreservation of cell product and aseptic techniques
• Analysis and presentation of data for key findings is expected in presenting to the team and key stake holders
• Experience troubleshooting with process development and cell engineering systems and associated software
• Eagerness to help the team in succeeding in meeting timelines and development of pipeline products for the organization
In This Role You Are Required to Bring:
• A BS/MS degree in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Cellular Biology BS 4+ years/ MS 2+ years of industry experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical Process Development setting.
• Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment including: cell wash (LOVO) and concentrator systems and cell processing (CliniMACS), fill and finish station, and controlled rate freezer for CAR-T or cell therapy products
• Experience with GMP processing is desired and technical transfer to CMOs is required
• Professional communication skills including authoring and reviewing technical documentation and presenting findings when called upon
• Ability to operate in a fast paced and evolving biotech environment on a growing team
• Open to relocation to Bay Area if needed. Employer requires work authorization for U.S. based employer for this hire