Principal/Senior Scientist, Clinical Translational Sciences
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of oral therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer.
The Principal/Senior Scientist, Translational Sciences will have a passion for biomarker discovery and a demonstrable track record in this space and will contribute to biomarker discovery by proposing novel biomarkers based on the best available science. This candidate will support translational studies in multiple therapeutic programs and develop understanding of compound mechanism of action and delineate translational biomarkers using in vivo/ex vivo rodent models. The Principal/Senior Scientist will have experience with ex vivo human model systems for biomarker discovery/validation and mechanism of action studies, and be familiar with multiple assay platforms (e.g. RNA seq, proteomics).
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
- Design, plan, execute and analyze tissue based and/or animal experiments to assess in vivo efficacy, biomarker, safety, and PK/PD profiles of small molecule therapeutics to move programs from discovery to clinical development.
- Initiate and oversee collaborations with internal/external collaborators and CROs.
- Develop in-house capabilities to support work performed at CROs.
- Lead and/or participate in multiple projects within discovery and translation, provide scientific expertise, guidance, and strategy to successfully progress programs to various milestones.
- Partner with additional experts as well as across project teams to advance programs in the pipeline.
- Provide updates and advice to project teams, including evaluation of data and their potential impact on drug programs and clinical/regulatory strategy.
- Effectively communicate experimental findings in oral, written, and visual formats.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ph.D. with focus in pharmacology/immunology/cell biology with 6+ years of relevant postdoctoral or industry experience
- Flexible, collaborative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced biotech environment
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: inflammation, cardiopulmonary disease, or fibrosis
- Technical understanding across broad protein biomarker assays including histopathology, ELISA, MSD, IHC, and flow cytometry
- Experience in multiple omics platforms
- Established track record of scientific excellence including publications and presentations at conferences
- Experience managing and leading scientific teams with a commitment to career support of team members
- Direct experience in outsourcing and validation of biomarker assays and clinical protocol and study report preparation
- Awareness of regulatory requirements and experience working central labs and CLIA certified labs
- Extensive experience with tissue processing and ex vivo analytical assays such as IFA, IHC, ELISA, Western, qPCR, flow cytometry etc.
- Expertise in the use multiple omics methodologies and analysis of their data output
- Experience with various mouse and rat models of dise~ses
- Experience working within large pharrna organizations and/or biotech/start up environment
- Experience in managing external partners (CRO & academic groups)