Our client is a Series C, pre-IPO oncology discovery company in Cambridge with well recognized founders and innovative chemistry beginning clinical trials.
The main function of this role is to bolster their drug-hunting capabilities and bring innovative solutions to developing therapeutics for intracellular targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Oversee and direct the day-to-day scientific activities of a medicinal chemistry team.
• Drive progression of lead molecules to pharmacological proof-of-concept studies and development candidate nomination.
• Formulate and implement an integrated chemistry strategy to reach hit-to-lead/lead optimization goals.
• Set ambitious goals and aggressive timelines for reaching key discovery milestones and rapid delivery of first-in-class drugs to patients.
• Liaise with CROs and manage external projects to obtain critical compounds.
• Participate in company portfolio and stage-gate reviews, lead the preparation and presentation of program advancement.
• Collaborate with Lead IP Counsel to formulate intellectual property strategies.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a Ph.D. in Chemistry with 10+ years of industry experience in pharmaceutical/therapeutics discovery. A track record of success in advancing discovery programs from target validation through lead optimization and into clinical development is required. You will also be asked to demonstrate an ability to conduct medicinal chemistry successfully and simultaneously on multiple projects/series.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Cambridge area or able to relocate with assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.