Our Global pharma company here in Boston, MA is growing their Gene Therapy Division and looking to on-board a Principal Scientist/Associate Director to their Gene Editing team! They are dedicated to the research, development and manufacturing for cell and genetic therapies with the rare disease space including sickle cell disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and type 1 diabetes. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assume project leader responsibility for the design, development and implementation of genome editing technologies to advance our lead development program in Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Participate in the development of novel gene editing strategies and approaches.
- Oversee study design and execution, data analysis and report writing, as well as CRO management for outsourced research activities.
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates to the senior leadership team.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects.
- A PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics or related discipline and 7+ years or equivalent of post-doc/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Advanced expertise in the latest molecular and cellular biology and gene editing techniques.
- Candidates with extensive experience in next generation sequencing technologies are preferred.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Ability to lead, supervise and evaluate an interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent strategic planning and organization skills.
- Familiarity with the pre-clinical regulatory requirements for gene therapy/editing programs.
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.