Principal Bioinformatics Scientist
Our client is an early stage oncology therapeutics start-up led by successful serial entrepreneur and they have $75+ million in funding! As they scale their research efforts, they're looking for a Principal Bioinformatics Scientist to join the team.
The right candidate will join a close-knit team creating pipelines to process and analyze genomic data. They will use their R, Python and database skills to ensure timely delivery of both short and long term projects. In return, my client will provide excellent compensation and a spot on a talented team within a growing startup. Apply today!
- Design, analyze, and interpret NGS-based experiments
- Integrate data from multiple sources to identify and select new targets, discover biomarkers, and define patient populations
- Develop custom tools and pipelines to enable scientific colleagues to analyze and visualize data.
- Identify new opportunities to unlock value from experimental data and accelerate the company’s drug discovery efforts.
- Actively participate in R&D meetings, presenting results to colleagues, and collaborating on publications
- 3-8 years of industry experience with MS or PhD. in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics tools for NGS data analysis, including RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, and DNA-seq
- Strong R programming skills; Python experience a plus
- Experience with Bioconductor, Rshiny and Plotly are a plus